Amalapuri P.O, Kozhikode-673 001
Ph: 0495-2765771, 2361553, 2768939 (Prov.)
Fax: 0495-2761058


The land on which Amalapuri is located was bought by Fr.Hormice Perumalil CMI in 1954 from Mrs. V. J. Nedungadi. It was then called Payattuvalappu and Nellooliparambu. These plots, after being bought by the CMI were renamed Amalapuri. The house that came along with the plot bought by Fr. Hormice Perumalil was renovated and turned into an ashram called Santhome Carmel Bhavan. In 1956, Fr. Hormice started the San Thom Press and Prakasam Publication. A periodical by the name Christopher was also started, mainly to give guidance and support to the migrants.Savio Home, a hostel for the Christian boys to stay and study in the schools of the city, was also begun by him.

In 1969 when Fr. James Pallivathukal became the vice provincial, he shifted the headquarters from Amalapuri toMarikunnu. This was only for a brief time, though. From 1978 onwards Amalapuri became the head quarters of the province again. Fr. Justin Koyippuram, the then provincial, reconstructed the present provincial house in 1995.


St. Thomas Provincial House, Amalapuri. Ph: 0495 2765771
St. Thomas Parish, Amalapuri. Ph: 0495 2765596
Vimala Book Centre. Ph: 2761207
Chavara Cultural Centre. Ph: 0495 2769021
Stars & Sevasadan (Social Service Centre) Ph: 0495 2765746


Fr. Thomas Thekkel Provincial
Fr. Thomas Panthaplackal Vicar Provincial (Pastoral), Vicar St. Thomas Parish
Fr. Paul Kureekkattil Prefect, Councillor for Finance
Fr. Thomas Thundathil Director, Gethsemene CMI Centre
Fr. Jerin Pendanath Asst. Vicar, Asst. Director Chavara Cultural Centre
Fr. George Kalathil Member